An international festival for new and independent film makers where edgy and traditional work is celebrated.
As the Midwest is becoming a larger force in the American film industry, Midwest Slam Fest has emerged to strengthen the voices of film makers and audiences from the region. Cincinnati is rapidly growing as an attractive location for independent and Hollywood film makers alike.
MSF Monthly Selected Films are eligible for Laurels and monetary awards. The genre winners are eligible for further recognition at the annual live festival hosted at the historic Plaza theatre in the charming downtown of Miamisburg, Ohio. All finalists and winners (monthly and annual) will have their short films screened by a live audience.
Award Winners may also be eligible for potential sponsored prizes - as announced each season during the festival.
FESTIVAL RULES, REGULATIONS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
Film Submission Preview Screener Guide:
- Submission Screeners must adhere to guidelines below.
- Submission must be sent by via Online Screener to FilmFreeway.
- All Accepted Submissions will be notified via personal e-mail.
- All Non-Accepted Submissions will be notified via e-mail.
- Check submission platform account at festival notification deadline for updates.
- Deadline Dates on FilmFreeway are final deadlines
- Do not send cash or any payments or requests via mail.
- Any work revised or modified after submission, must be re-submitted on FilmFreeway following FilmFreeway's terms and conditions.
- Exhibition Print RUN TIME must never run longer than Submitted Version.
- DCP (CRU) is preferred exhibition format for all professional cinemas.
- Other DCP may be allowed (depending on venue discretion).
- DVD+/DVD- (NTSC, Region 0 or 1) is accepted as back-up.
- Films must be non-watermarked.
- Multiple prints must have matching chapters and aspect ratios.
- No menus, no test footage, no pre-film footage, on any Exhibition Print.
- Once accepted for presentation, a physical Exhibition Copy of submitted film is required.
- Venue Print Requirements may change without notice, at sole discretion of venue.
Business office mailing address:
Midwest Slam Fest
Address for mailed Submission Prints & Exhibition Prints (for accepted films):
8401 Claude Thomas Road
Franklin, OH 45005
II.) Rules and Regulations
- Submitter must be 18 years of age or older to enter competition.
- Adult Guardian or Parent may submit on your behalf of minors.
- By submitting to MSF, submitter is:
a) endorsing copyright of film and images
b) granting permission to use the images and content from the submission in advertisements and promotions both for any screening of the submitted film, but also in any promotions for MSF for the 48 months following first receipt of the submission.
- Festival times may be subject to change.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- MSF is not responsible for broken or non-functioning prints.
- In submitting, MSF is given the right to screen submission at no charge to the fest.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- All films submitted for review are consenting permission to have MSF publicly screen the film
- Not all submissions received will be selected for live exhibition, nor given award honors.
- By submitting via FilmFreeway, you are agreeing to these Rules as well as the MSF Terms and Conditions:
III.) Terms and conditions
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement may be automatically assigned by the MIDWEST SLAM FEST (MSF), in its sole discretion, to a third party.
Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
This Agreement, along with any other terms and conditions listed by MSF, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions will survive termination or expiration to the extent necessary to carry out the intentions of the parties.
You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio, excluding conflict of laws provisions thereof that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction and you hereby submit to exclusive jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of Ohio. You agree to receive service of process through certified mail or by other means sanctioned by law, and you expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold The MIDWEST SLAM FEST harmless from any claim, expense or demand, including without limitation reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
By agreeing Submitter agrees to abide by all the Terms laid forth in the General Festival Rules listed for MSF, including FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS noted below:
- Film must not currently have major distribution in U.S.A. that conflict with exhibition dates at the festival.
- MSF only accepts international films not in English that have been subtitled.
- Festival screening times are subject to delay, change, or cancellation.
- All fees (Submission, Ticketing, Etc.) are non-refundable.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse service.
- MSF reserves the right to remove screenings from program at any time.
- Films submitted for review are consenting permission to publicly screen the film submitted (at least) one time in the next 48 months as to be determined by MSF.
- By submitting your film for review, submitter is a) endorsing copyright of film and images and b) granting permission to use the images and content from the submission in advertisements and promotions both for any screening of the submitted film, but also in any promotions for MSF in general for the 48 months following first receipt of the submission.
- By submitting, you agree MSF has the right to screen your film with no additional exhibition fees or charges to the festival from filmmakers or film copyright owners.
- Festival is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
- Submitter must be 18 years of age or older (or have your parent/guardian to submit on your behalf) to enter the competition.
- In case of non-functioning Exhibition Print, festival may use any submitted prints.
- By submitting with payment, you are agreeing to abide by all the above terms, rules, and guidelines, as well as the following Terms and Conditions:
All content contained on MIDWEST SLAM FEST (MSF) website, including but not limited to photographs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software (collectively, "Content"), is the property of MIDWEST SLAM FEST and is protected by U.S. and/or international copyright laws.
RISK OF LOSS.
You acknowledge and agree that your only remedy for failures, delays or interruptions with respect to the ordering of and delivery of passes ordered by you is limited to a refund for such passes, with such refunds issued at the sole discretion and judgement of the MIDWEST SLAM FEST.
Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to the MIDWEST SLAM FEST. As Director/Producer/Submitter of the Film, entrants have submitted and represent and warrant to the MIDWEST SLAM FEST that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the MIDWEST SLAM FEST; the Film entrants submitted to the MIDWEST SLAM FEST is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, the submission of the Film, or by the MIDWEST SLAM FEST acceptance, review or retention of your submission (film, screenplay, etc.).